Businesses globally are striving to transform themselves by introducing automation, intuitive consumer experience, machine learning, etc. to achieve improved efficiency, productivity, and accelerated growth. This is certainly not an easy task due to legacy factors such as outdated patterns, work methodologies, old lifecycle workings, etc. Other aspects like IT incidents, customer requests, HR cases all follow their own paths and add to the challenges.
So, how does an enterprise overcome these problems? "ServiceNow" presents a solution to structure and automates these processes to accelerate the speed of work and outcomes.
What is ServiceNow?
ServiceNow is a software platform that supports IT service management and automates common business processes. Initially, it has stepped into the ITSM (Information Technology Service Management) field and provided competition to established players like IBM and HP. ITSM has formed a major part of its revenue. Today it is not just limited to ITSM, it has diversified itself into 5 major services
- HR Service Delivery
- Customer Service and
- Business Applications
ServiceNow is an integrated cloud solution which combines all these services in a single system of record. It contains a number of modular applications that can vary by instance and by a user. Today, ServiceNow has applications for both IT Service Management Processes and IT Enterprise e.g HR Management, Security Management and PPM, etc.
ServiceNow allows companies to manage processes and create custom applications using a single system framework. That means, every application and all data stored in the platform follows the same framework and basic structure, that is provided. ServiceNow platform comprises key product features such as –
- Service Management
- IT Operations Management
- Application Development
- IT Business Management
- Human Resources
- Customer Service and
As ServiceNow is a cloud-based platform, we do not usually need to install any special software on a client’s system. We can access any ServiceNow instance easily from anywhere using a computer or mobile with internet connectivity and the latest browser such as Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Google Chrome.
The following figure depicts the bird’s eye view of the ServiceNow platform -
ServiceNow had its roots set in ITSM since 2012. However, with changing technology and emerging cloud solutions, it created its niche as a cross-departmental platform. This way it functions as an enterprise cloud solution which is built on top of all other applications. Its ability to create workflows and automating the process of data extraction makes it a unique offering in today’s cloud space.
The ServiceNow System of Action lets you replace unstructured work patterns of the past with intelligent workflows of the future. Every employee, customer, and machine in the enterprise or related to it can make requests on a single cloud platform. All the departments working on these requests can assign and prioritize, collaborate, get down to root cause issues, gain real?time insights, and drive to action. This will help the employees perform better and the service levels will eventually improve. ServiceNow will help you Work at Lightspeed –making your work process smarter and faster.
Enterprises today need a more robust platform that can support businesses. This is because many service platforms lack the ability to deliver the quality of IT services that an enterprise demands and they even fail to drive productivity gains. For such business challenges, ServiceNow management is a powerful solution as it provides significant value to modern enterprises, allowing them to operate faster and become more scalable than ever before.
Growth on a ServiceNow career path -
ServiceNow is growing very fast across different industries. As the ServiceNow Market continues to grow, the coming years promise further innovation and competition. The execution of ServiceNow has created jobs for IT professionals in a variety of companies. ServiceNow is an ever-growing platform. It is one of the most evolving platforms and has a lot to offer in terms of its products for the companies of various sizes including the start-ups. Thus, with such a huge demand for this service, the future of ServiceNow in India as well as in abroad is highly promising and also is huge in terms of global standards too.
- No doubt there is high demand in the future also for ServiceNow professionals. So many training institutes are upskilling the existing IT talent in different modules of ServiceNow. Even the salaries for ServiceNow in India and globally are pretty good.
- ServiceNow admins, developers, and architects are in extraordinary demand, as ServiceNow is the fastest growing IT platform in the market. It has resulted in a strong demand for ServiceNow technical experts. Being a ServiceNow professional you can expect and get a chance to work for some of the most crucial tasks of business operations and perform to the highest standards
- ServiceNow courses are designed to let you tailor your certification path to your skills and career goals. Within the Implementer and Administrator certifications, you will take courses based on each ServiceNow product.
- Most consultants who work with ServiceNow partners (consulting companies) will need at least the basic Certified ServiceNow Administrator certification to work on projects. If you have the certification, that's awesome!
- ServiceNow offers three certification paths for customers and partners who work with and use ServiceNow products or services. These paths include the Certified Systems Administrator (CSA), Certified Implementation Specialist (CIS) and Certified Application Developer (CAD). You can also earn product-specific certifications through courses offered on each different path.
Climbing the ServiceNow career ladder can be easy if you have the right technical knowledge and practical experience. The ServiceNow ecosystem is filled with numerous roles, all needing different skills and expertise to operate successfully within them.
Stay with us for more career options with the ServiceNow platform!!